Dudley CVS is collaborating with local social enterprises to engage over 500 local people in climate action over the next 3 years (see our News post). Dudley People’s School for Climate Justice will make it easier for people to connect and collaborate, learn from each other, and take action for people, planet and the future.
If you enjoy bringing people together in your community, school or college, and want to take action which cares for people, planet and the future, we’d love to hear from you.
We have an amazing opportunity for hundreds of local people to share their ideas, skills and knowledge to respond to the climate and ecological crisis. We’re connecting neighbours, artists, learners, designers, tea makers, tinkerers, researchers, crafters, gardeners, quiet activists and more to learn together, connect with nature and take action.
Dudley People’s School for Climate Justice is inviting 15 people to become Stewards in 2024.
Stewards will enhance offerings through the School being made by local artists and designers, by supporting local people of all ages and backgrounds to co-design their own learning journeys and collaborative action.
We’re not particularly looking for people already active in the climate or environmental space, we’d simply love to hear from people who:
- are curious
- see value in people learning from each other
- would like to increase connection with nature and use nature’s guidebook to inform action
- are concerned that that different communities feel the effects of the climate crisis differently
- think it is important that everyone gets a chance to create, imagine and shape our futures.
To find out more you can sign up to a free session at: dudleyclimatejustice.eventbrite.com
Dates and times:
- Tues 16 Jan, 1.30pm-2.30pm in Dudley
- Wed 24 Jan, 3.00pm-4.00pm online
- Mon 29 Jan, 11.00am-12.00pm online
What to expect in the session
- A warm welcome and chance to get to know each other a little.
- An introduction to Dudley People’s School for Climate Justice.
- A chance to find out about the role and responsibilities of Stewards of Climate Changemaker groups.
- Information on the support available for Stewards and Climate Changemakers.
- Plenty of opportunities to ask questions… about any of it!
- What next…
The session will be led by Lorna Prescott from Dudley CVS.
Lorna has led a number of peer-learning and action activities over the last few years. In Dudley CVS she convened a year long Engagement Enquiry with 10 colleagues, supported two Me & White Supremacy circles, a place-based network Community of Practice and a Climate Justice Group. She has been convening CoLab Dudley’s Time Rebels for 3 years and led a Doughnut Economics Learning Journey in Dudley in collaboration with Civic Square and the Doughnut Economics Action Lab.
With thanks to our friends at Planet Cheltenham for inspiration and advice around supporting Climate Changemakers, and letting us borrow the name 😊