Facilitated Peer Learning Support for the Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector (VCFS) in Dudley Borough
Dudley CVS is collaborating with consultant David Waterfall to bring about an exciting new opportunity to support the VCFS in Dudley borough to reset and rebuild following the pandemic.
When the first lockdown was announced last March, we saw the VCFS across Dudley borough do what they do best: stepping up to respond to new and urgent needs in society. There are countless examples of Dudley based VCFS organisations and volunteers providing vital support rooted in communities. There have been many examples of VCFS organisations doing things differently and adapting the way their support services are delivered to reach the most vulnerable and marginalised. However, coupled with this resilience and creativity, we cannot ignore that the pandemic has had a significant economic impact on the VCFS. Many organisations have had their core offer changed, income streams reduced, business models destroyed, and had to restructure their delivery teams and office structures. For many organisations, a high level of uncertainty remains.
Reset, Rebuild & Reimagine will provide the opportunity, with guided expert external facilitation, for the VCFS to take stock, refocus and reimagine where next in terms of rebuild and recovery.
What to expect:
Reset, Rebuild & Reimagine will offer:
- Opportunities to explore and share together what impact the pandemic has had on your organisation,
- The opportunity to co-design future Reset, Rebuild and Reimagine sessions,
- Opportunities to develop and learn new skills and insights from a range of external professionals. Topics may include: improving resilience, employment law in relation to Covid-19, help with technology adoption, market development, engaging clients in new ways, business modelling, impact evaluations, financial sustainability, forward strategy etc,
- Dedicated time and space for peer support and action learning,
- A platform for embarking on a journey of exploration, skills development and shared learning together for resetting, rebuilding and reimagining the future of the VCFS across Dudley Borough, and,
- A platform to share amazing stories about how you have adapted your organisation to meet the needs of Dudley residents.
Who can attend:
Two people per organisation. These can include a trustee, Chief Executive Officer or another member of the senior management team.
Participants will be expected to attend each session to maximize on peer learning and sharing.
Reset, Rebuild & Reimagine programme will consist of the following sessions. Please use the links below to book a place on each session:
- Thursday 9th September 2021, 11:15am – 1:30pm. Tim Jones, Partner of Higgs and Sons Solicitors will be joining this session to offer guidance on employment related topics in light of the pandemic. Areas will include: employment law on returning to office base working, flexible working, Covid vaccinations for employees and much more. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/166664878137
- Wednesday 22nd September 2021, 11:15am – 1:30pm – topic area to be agreed with organisations on 9th September https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/166666490961
- Tuesday 5th October, 11:15am – 1:30pm – topic area to be agreed with organisations on 22nd September. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/166667096773
- Tuesday 19th October, 11:15 – 1:30pm – topic area to be agreed with organisations on 5th October. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/166667413721
For more information, please contact Kate Green on 01384 573381. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.