The team at Sensory People are passionate about helping children with sensory processing challenges. They have doubled in size since 2020 and now work in a field near Stourbridge as well as in a specialist Sensory Integration Therapy space. Over 30 children/families travel regularly to receive their help from as far away as Solihull and Telford.
Now they are looking for an efficient administrator who is passionate about delivering effective services to children and families in need; someone who wants to help them grow as an organisation as they further develop specialist services. Having staff who want to work as team members supporting others, including parents, is important to Sensory People. Relevant experience is essential and an understanding of the charitable sector would be helpful. Initial pay will be £12.50 an hour.
Reporting to the lead therapist, this developing role would include undertaking HR tasks, introducing and updating systems for gathering/storing information, attending regular meetings and exploring opportunities with the team to develop the charity within the Dudley borough and beyond. This self-employed position needs someone local to Stourbridge who is committed to responding to queries from others in a timely way, can work from home, and is initially able to work flexibly for a minimum of 10 hours a week (hopefully with the potential to commit to more hours as the charity grows).
Initial tasks will include liaising with others and:
• Welcoming new Parents – forwarding information forms / privacy forms / invite to Information Evening. Attend information evenings where possible
• Introducing and updating system for gathering and holding information on staff / volunteers / new parents and enquiries
• Welcoming New Staff / Volunteers / sending out initial information forms / privacy / safeguarding forms. Updating system with information and check renewals
• Attending / Minuting Finance and Board meetings
• Undertaking DBS Checks through Mencap – to meet with new staff members to check their documents
• Assisting Invoicing staff / Cool Kids Staff with relevant info / forms etc.
• Updating policies in line with Charity Commission guidance
• Updating website – articles / staff information etc.
As time and funding allows:
• Working to develop a bank of volunteers, develop student placements etc.