Chief Executive Officer
Salary: £45,000 – £51,000
About One Walsall
One Walsall provides infrastructure support for the borough’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations. They are an independent charity providing support to help local voluntary and community, social enterprise and faith-based organisations develop and sustain their activities and engage residents in voluntary action. They are a small, passionate, and energetic team committed to their aim of supporting a strong local voluntary and community sector and inspiring local social action.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for leading and managing every aspect of the organisation’s work on behalf of the Trustees and ensuring the Board’s strategic vision is delivered. The Chief Executive provides vision and overall leadership to the organisation, ensuring the impact of service delivery is maximised and the charity’s reputation is developed and maintained. The Chief Executive develops the operational plan and leads the staff team to implement and deliver agreed activity. The post also acts as the key point of contact for strategic partners in the borough, region and beyond; working closely with statutory and private sector agencies to support the VCS’s involvement in strategic matters and supporting and highlighting the role the sector plays in delivery shared aims and outcomes.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
– Experience of working at a senior level with excellent understanding of the voluntary and community sector.
– A clear understanding of VCSE infrastructure organisations in terms of their work, importance, and value within the sector.
– An in-depth understanding of the voluntary and community sector, its offer, its policy and legal framework, constraints, and needs.
– A detailed understanding of public sector service delivery including commissioning processes and current policy developments.
– Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and develop confidence not just internally but externally across the voluntary sector as a whole, in Walsall.
– A commitment to genuine cross-sector partnership and proven ability to develop strong working relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders.
– A creative mind, able to identify opportunities and develop solutions to support our members and partners as we look to develop a range of paid for services.
To apply and for the full job description and person specification visit: https://bit.ly/3bRZuTk
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Dave Benge, Development Manager, on 01922 619 840.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 29th July 2022.
Interviews expected to be held in August 2022.