This is a virtual session delivered via Zoom. We suggest arrival from 09:15 for a prompt start at 09:30. We estimate we will be finished by 12:00 at the latest.
What will we cover?
Our aim is to support local groups and organisations across the Black Country to involve volunteers in a positive way, offering you the tools you need to do so.
Many volunteer-involving organisations are not aware of the legal implications when working with volunteers. Our session aims to dispel myths and clarify your legal responsibilities. We also use actual case studies where volunteers have taken organisations to court, to help demonstrate bad practice when involving volunteers.
What will the session cover?
• How current legislation has implications for volunteers and volunteer involving organisations
• Identifying volunteers’ rights and the responsibilities of organisations when involving volunteers
• Taking steps to avoid creating employment conditions with volunteers
• Evaluating a legal case study and discuss the likely outcome
As there’s quite a lot of ‘heavy’ information, we deliver the session in sections and there are activities to break up the training, so it’s not all ‘death by PowerPoint’
We will also give you
• links to an online resource library of documents and information
• links to download our Volunteer Management Toolkit
• ongoing support from the Volunteer expert contact in your area
To book your place please visit: https://bit.ly/3KH1r4w