June 2022 is Month of Community, 30 days full of campaigns and awareness weeks to inspire people.
Volunteers Week happens on 1-7 June and Small Charity Week on 20-24 June. So Eileen and Becky will host a Welcome to the sector session on Monday 6 June at 10am.
Welcome to the sector is a place to find our about community action, good causes, charities, nonprofits, social enterprises and voluntary groups in Dudley borough
About this event
Have you ever wanted to learn more about good causes right on your doorstep in Dudley borough? This is your chance to learn more about the people, organisations, groups, charities, voluntary groups and community activists that make up a vibrant sector that does all sorts of work to bring care, joy and resilience to our communities.
We’ll let you in on a little secret too – we sometimes don’t event know what to call this sector. So whether you know it as the voluntary and community sector, the not-for-profit sector, the third sector or something else (or nothing at all!), this is where you can learn more about what it looks like in Dudley borough.
This is event will be perfect for people and businesses who:
- Would like to donate their time, money and energy to causes right on our doorstep
- Would like to get involved with a local good cause
- Would like to understand what types of work people, groups and organisations are doing across Dudley borough
- Are looking to move into working or volunteering in the sector
- Would like to set something up in their community
Of course, you’re welcome to attend if you’re already part of a not-for-profit group in Dudley borough too!
The session will take place at a community venue in Dudley. Please register your place so that we can send you details.