West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) has launched a small grants opportunity for voluntary sector organisations to support outreach & engagement activity. ‘Multiply’ is a government-funded programme aimed at helping adults to improve their numeracy skills.
How to get involved
Are you a voluntary or community sector organisation? Grants of between £25,000 and £100,000 will be available for you to help reach adults and improve their numeracy skills.
How can you help WMCA?
- Act as an advocate for the Multiply programme, employing a ‘Numeracy Champion’ to engage with employed residents accessing their services to promote the benefit of enhanced numeracy skills and qualifications.
- Help to identify residents who will benefit from numeracy support
- Design your own programme to engage your audiences with Multiply
What are the benefits?
- Extend your network of employers
- Support underrepresented businesses and sectors to access workforce development opportunities
Applications now open
WMCA is seeking to work with Voluntary Sector Organisations that are uniquely placed to support the identification of employed residents on low pay or in insecure employment who would benefit from numeracy support.
WMCA seeks to work with organisations that have strong relationships with (in particular) SME’s to support and enable those employers to engage with skills provision that would support their employees to develop numeracy skills and progress in employment.
How to apply
Applications for the first round close on 25 August 2023.
Find out more and apply here:
Help and support
Have questions about the grant, how it works and the application process? Join one of the online events on Wednesday 8 August:
Or email MultiplyProgramme@wmca.org.uk